Take care of yourself!
When we are feeling overwhelmed by emotions, we can take some simple steps to make our body feel better:
- Have a snack – preferably something healthy but eat something. Get your blood-sugar level up.
- Go to the toilet – seriously. Emptying your bowels and bladder makes you feel better.
- Get physical – without harming yourself or others obviously – it helps getting rid of the energy of the emotions you are feeling.
Some examples of ways of getting physical:
- Scream, possibly not in the middle of the office but somewhere you cannot be heard by others (or warn them).
- Run or have a brisk walk up and down a flight of stairs (or any other physical exercise).
- Punch a pillow.
- Find an appropriate place and cry.